The library has a stock of nearly 500 items – books, pamphlets, journal back issues. Use this page to discover what's available – either specific titles you know about already or items on a topic in which you are interested.
Author Catalogue (correct to December 2020)
Search for specific books and pamphlets by authors' names .
Subject Catalogues (compiled in December 2020)
Find books and pamphlets on selected subjects using these lists
under broad categories:
- General books about bells and ringing
- History of bells and ringing including the history of change ringing
- Directories of towers, county histories and history and description of individual towers
- History of ringing – ringing organisations and biographies of ringers
- Textbooks of ringing for beginners and improvers – both old and recent texts
Further subject lists will be added in the future
Items with the shelfmarks "TEXTLL" "EDUCTL" and "METHCL" are part of the travelling collections (the "Learners'", "Trainers'" and "Conductors' Libraries") and kept separately by the Librarian. They can be made available if a request is made in advance of visiting the Library.
"p" against a shelfmark indicates a pamphlet item shelved separately from the books.
Manuscripts are not normally included in the main author catalogue. Please direct enquiries about these to the Librarian.