The library has a stock of nearly 500 items – books, pamphlets, journal back issues. Use this page to discover what's available – either specific titles you know about already or items on a topic in which you are interested.
Author Catalogue (correct to September 2021)
Search for specific books and pamphlets by authors' names .
Find books and pamphlets on selected subjects using these lists under broad categories:
- General books about bells and ringing (Dec 2020)
- History of bells and ringing including the history of change ringing (Dec 2020)
- Directories of towers, county histories and history and description of individual towers (Dec 2020)
- History of ringing – ringing organisations and biographies of ringers (Dec 2020)
- Textbooks of ringing for beginners and improvers – both old and recent texts (Dec2020)
- Education, Training & Tower Management (Jan 2022)
- Methods and Compositions (Jan 2022)
- Bell installations & Maintenance including bell founding (Jan 2022)
- Fiction, Poetry & Miscellaneous (Jan 2022)
- Handbell ringing and tunes (Jan 2022)
- Ringing Journals and Annual Reports (Jan 2022)
- Items with the shelfmarks "TEXTLL" "EDUCTL" and "METHCL" are part of the travelling collections (the "Learners'", "Trainers'" and "Conductors' Libraries") and kept separately by the Librarian. They can be made available if a request is made in advance of visiting the Library.
- "p" against a shelfmark indicates a pamphlet item shelved separately from the books.
- Manuscripts are not normally included in the main author catalogue. Please direct enquiries about these to the Librarian.