Membership of the Guild of Devonshire Ringers provides the following benefits :
- Membership of a community of bellringers across Devon who support and arrange ringing activities, outings and social events
- Access to training events and opportunities to develop ringing abilities
- Public Liability insurance cover when ringing or attending Guild and Branch events
- Access to the Guild library of books, pamphlets and journals about bells and bellringing
- Online resources including the Guild website and email facilities for Guild officers
- Your membership subscription fees help support Young Ringers' activities, Education events, bell maintenance and restoration and your representation at the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers
Subscription form for 2022
All members are asked to complete and return a membership subscription form along with their 2022 subscription payment.
The easiest way to complete your subscription form is via the online version which can be completed and submitted from any computer, tablet or mobile phone.
The data you provide via the online form will be sent to the Guild Secretary and your Branch Secretary without any need for you to forward a form by email.
Please make your subscription payment to your Branch Treasurer.
A short (6 minute) video is also available on YouTube which gives a walk-through of completing the form and should answer questions you may have.
A paper form is available for completion by those members who have no access to be able to complete the online version.
If you complete a paper form you will need to return the completed form either to your Branch Secretary or directly to the Guild Secretary using the details provided on the form and your subscription payment to your Branch Treasurer.
Forms and payments should be submitted by 31st March 2022 at the latest.
Why do we need a subscription form at all?
This form has been introduced to help us comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by both informing members about how the Guild uses your personal data and to gain the consent of all members for those uses.
The subscription form also provides a number of additional benefits and opportunities including those listed below :
- Provide information about the communication options which are available to members
- Provide an opportunity to members to make any optional donations to assist with activities supported by the Guild
- Provide an opportunity for tax paying members to Gift Aid their subscription and any donations
I filled out a subscription form last year; why do I need to do this again?
It is a requirement of the GDPR that information we hold about our members is kept up to date.
The online form has been designed so that if no changes are needed to the information you supplied last year many questions are left out.
Asking members to fill out a subscription form each year ensures that members have an opportunity to let us know if any details have changed.