Membership of the Guild of Devonshire Ringers provides the following benefits :
- Membership of a community of bellringers across Devon who support and arrange ringing activities, outings and social events
- Access to training events and opportunities to develop ringing abilities
- Public Liability insurance cover when ringing or attending Guild and Branch events
- Access to the Guild library of books, pamphlets and journals about bells and bellringing
- Online resources including the Guild website and email facilities for Guild officers
- Your membership subscription fees help support Young Ringers' activities, Education events, bell maintenance and restoration and your representation at the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers
Membership subscription system
All members are asked to use our new membership subscription system to manage their annual subscription payment.
The membership subscription system can be accessed from any computer, tablet or mobile phone.
A short (5 minute) video is available on YouTube which gives a walk-through of signing up with the membership subscription system and making your subscription payment.
You can also use the membership system at any time to :
- Update your contact details
- Access documentation, including the Guild Annual Report
- Make optional donations and pay tower affiliation fees
Another short (4 minute) video is available on YouTube showing a walk-through of these membership system facilities.
The membership system enables Branch officers to access information about the members in their Branch and a small number of Guild officers to access information about all Guild members.
Your subscription payment should be submitted by 31st March 2024 at the latest.
Why do we need a subscription system at all?
This system has been introduced to help us comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by both informing members about how the Guild uses your personal data and to gain the consent of all members for those uses.
The subscription system also provides a number of additional benefits and opportunities including those listed below :
- Provides an ongoing ability for members to keep their membership details up to date, including email address
- Provides the ability to collect annual subscription payments using modern methods, including BACS and debit card payment
- Provide an opportunity to members to make any optional donations to assist with activities supported by the Guild
- Provide an opportunity for tax paying members to Gift Aid their subscription and any donations
I filled out a subscription form last year; why do I need to do this again?
It is a requirement of the GDPR that information we hold about our members is kept up to date.
Asking all members to sign up with the new membership subscription from scratch ensures that members have an opportunity to let us know if any details have changed.